Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your browser. They’re used for many things, such as remembering whether you’ve visited the site before so that you remain logged in – or to help us work out how many visitors we get on the site over a given period of time. These cookies contain information about the use of your computer but they don’t include personal information about you.
Your consent to Cookies
By using this Site, you agree that we can store and access the above cookies on your device.
Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies, such as declining all cookies or prompting you on whether to accept each cookie. But please note that some parts of the Site may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies.
What Cookies do we use
- Session Cookies As you travel around our site, there are times when we need to remember technical information about you as you go from page to page. We use this technical information in many ways to AEI your user experience. This cookie contains no personally identifiable information and only stays in place until you end your session (usually when you leave our site.)
- We use web analytics services to recognize your browser or device and, for example, to identify whether you have visited specific services we offer previously. This information is anonymous and only used for statistical purposes. It allows us to track information, such as how many individual users we have and how often they visit our website
- Persistent or Login Session Cookie When you log into a restricted area, we may set a cookie on your PC, to remember your login details. This can be used for your convenience so that on subsequent visits, you aren’t required to provide the entire log-in information again. This cookie will remain on your computer indefinitely, even after you leave our site.
Controlling your cookies
Managing cookies in your browser
Most current browsers allow you:
- Block third party cookies.
- Block cookies from particular sites.
- See what cookies you’ve got and delete them on an individual basis.
- Block all cookies from being set.
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that you will lose any preferences if you delete cookies, which includes where you have opted out from cookies ( as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set ! ). In addition, if you block cookies completely many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our Online Services for these reasons.
Find out more about how to manage your cookies for each of the browsers below:
Managing analytics cookies
Along with log files, we use Google Analytics to analyze what people view on our website. Google Analytics isn’t personal information – it doesn’t know who you are.
Third-party service cookies
Social sharing, video and other services we offer are run by other companies. If you are already logged in to these companies’ services when you visit our site they may place cookies on your computer.
- Facebook’s data use policy: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other
AddThis (the service that runs some of our social sharing buttons): http://www.addthis.com/privacy#.T6j–usS0bw
Tynt (adds a URL when you copy and paste) opt-out page: http://www.tynt.com/tynt-users-opt-out#axzz1uwhK3VWx
Storify’s (a service that is sometimes used to embed a series of tweets) terms of service:http://storify.com/tos